Thursday, February 5, 2015

Day 205- My Katie

Hey all,

    So, I know it can be a bit confusing since I have a Kady, a Katie Van Oss, and a Katie Bast, but that's kind of how my life has been, the 8 senior girls I graduated with were; Katherine, Kate, Katie, Kyra, Rebekah, Rachel, Rose(me), and Daniela, so this is normal! Anyways, this post is about Katie Bast. Katie and I have a lot in common, right now, we are both the oldest, we have 3 younger siblings, she was a counselor at Eagle Lake, and so was my Dad, she very, VERY organized, and if you know me well, you know that I am too. We are both very crafty and like to make things, but can't draw well, and we both love God and LIVE for God wholeheartedly. Katie was also the very FIRST person I met when we came to Lenoir, and she was VERY kind and friendly, which I loved. Today, Katie gave me a note after bible study, she wrote me this note just to tell me how glad she is that we moved here, and how much of a blessing I am to her. In all honesty, I feel the same way, God has blessed me with some BEYOND amazing people here in Lenoir, and I am so glad that things worked out the way they did. Mainly though, Katie, Adrienne, Jae, Patricia, Cassie, and I have become wonderful friends, and they have ALL been a huge blessing in my life, especially Katie. Katie has this way of taking charge of any situation(maybe that comes with being the oldest), without being asked, or having to ask for help, Katie steps up and is a fantastic leader. Being a leader is something I've always struggled with, I think mainly because I have been hurt by my peers in the past, I really have a hard time sticking my neck out just a little bit, so I really admire Katie because she's AMAZING at doing that! Katie also has an amazing love for others, whether they're highschoolers, 5 year olds, 2 year olds, even the obnoxious middleschoolers, she loves them all, SO much. It's always fun to see some of the little ones walk into church and see her and just run into her arms, and she loves every minute of it! She'll check in with even the little elementary school kids to see how their weeks have been, and just to love them, and I think that that's awesome!!! All in all, Katie is a fantastic person, and I love her dearly, I am seriously contemplating just sticking her in my suitcase and bringing her to college with me... ;)
<3 Always,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment