Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day 219- Kids

Friday, February 20th

Hey guys,

     So, I don't know what it is about kids that makes me smile, maybe it's their innocence, maybe it's the cute things they say, I don't know, but I know that when I'm with kids, I can't help but be happy. Every third Friday of the month, our church has a Parent's Night Out, where parents can come and drop their kids off at the church, and the high school and middle school youth groups take care of them. Tonight, I had a very bitter sweet moment. I have come to love one little munchkin in particular, Annsilie Norris, as if she was my younger sister, she is so sweet and kind, and she is wonderful with the younger kids. Anyways, as the kids were enjoying their ice cream, Annsilie, out of nowhere, asks, "Miss Rose, how many more months do you have here?" Because Annsilie is 10, she understands that I AM going to leave for college, but it really doesn't make it much easier. I could feel so many little eyes looking at me, waiting for a response, and my heart melted right there and then. I realized that no matter how far away 6 months seems, and no matter how many times I promise to visit, for Annsilie, that doesn't change anything, she knows I'm leaving, and she's dreading it. As we sat together watching a movie later that night, Annsilie looked at me and said, "You're like the big sister I never had!" and again, my heart just melted. I look at Annsilie, and I DO see the younger sister I never had, and she sees the big sister SHE never had, and I know that won't ever change, but saying goodbye is going to be hard. Seeing how much she loves me tonight just encourages me to make every moment that I have with her, and with all the other kids count, because it's not going to last forever, unfortunately. 

<3 Always,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment